The Working Group on Indigenous Food Sovereignty and community planning teams for the Wild Salmon Caravan are calling on food system networks, artists, health hubs, and environmental groups to self organize on the following items:
- Follow and use the #WildSalmonCaravan2017 hashtag and tag @wildsalmoncaravan on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram. Like, Follow & Share these links out to your networks.
- Self-organize community participation in the WSC Mardi Gras style parades and events (see travel itinerary for times and dates of community events).
- Host arts build workshops and create banners, costumes, regalia, and floats for a WSC parade coming soon to a community near you.
- Share the save the date and arts build posters widely on social media:
October 7th-12th, 2017 – Vancouver to Adams River
- Create and upload short video clips to our Facebook page to tell others why the wild salmon are important to you. What’s YOUR salmon story?
- Volunteer for planning teams. Logistics and hosting of parades.
- Inquire about cash donations. (use contact form and use subject header: DONATIONS)
- Donate food for feasts – contact a regional planning team near you in either of the following communities. (also use contact form and use subject header: DONATIONS)
We will be looking for community planning teams in the following centres:
Vancouver, Chilliwack, Merritt, Kamloops or Chase.
Stay tuned for volunteer information and regional planning team gathering.
For more information, to volunteer, make donations or other inquiries…use our contact form:
Check out this video from last years Wild Salmon Caravan: